Freelance Graphic Design on Retainer
Do you need a graphic designer on a ongoing basis but don’t want the cost and stress of hiring a full time employee? If so, freelance graphic design on retainer may be your answer.
It’s ideal if you’re a small business owner that regularly has a variety of small design projects, or recurring projects that need to be done each week or month. It’s great for cashflow and saves bookkeeping hassles because you only have to pay one invoice, once a month.
It’s like the best bits of having a freelancer and an employee rolled into one.
The process is simple. We figure out how many hours you need each week or month on average, and I set aside those hours just for you. When you need something done, you send me an email and I make it happen. I can also schedule time in advance if you have a recurring project so it can be done at the same time each week or month.
Need a flyer, an image re-sized, or a social media graphic for a new promo? Just send me an email and it’s done.
Maybe you already have a designer on staff but they’re at capacity, or you’re doing all the design work yourself but you know that a professional graphic designer can get it done better and faster. Or you sick of the stress of trying to track down a graphic designer who is available when you need a job done urgently.
Some of the ways that I can help to keep your business moving:
- Design flyers, brochures, direct mailers, posters, etc
- Create a suite of images for online ads
- Design and send a weekly or monthly EDM (email newsletter)
- Create a curated set of branded social media graphics
- Design a lead magnet
- Backup your website, and update content
- Add new product listings to your eCommerce store
- Edit photos to ensure that they are consistent and on-brand
- Optimise and resize images for web and print
- Create a business card and email signature for a new staff member
- Create a product label each time you introduce a new product to your range
- Create a suite of a marketing materials for a new listing
What’s NOT included: logo design, brand strategy and development, website creation and printing. If you require any of these they are invoiced separately.
Other ways that you benefit:
- You always get priority in my calendar
- You have access to services that I don’t offer on an individual basis (eg. photo editing, website updates/maintenance)
- You pay a discounted rate compared to what I charge for one-off projects
- You save on time and paperwork because you only have to pay one invoice, once a month
- You can schedule recurring jobs each week or month so you don’t have to worry about them
How much time and hassle would you save if you could just send me an email every time you needed something, without having to worry about quoting, availability or being stuck at the end of a long production schedule?
Graphic Design Retainer Packages:
I have set retainer packages below and I can also tailor a package to suit your specific needs.
- Suitable for one recurring project each month or a few little bits and pieces. For example, design and code a monthly email newsletter based on an existing template.
2hrs @ $90hr (+GST)
- Ideal if you need 2 hours of support each week or one day a month. For example, for a real estate agent – marketing materials for new listings and a monthly newsletter.
8hrs @ $85hr (+GST)
- Perfect for a small business that needs support for a half a day per week. For example, to create a suite of printed and digital marketing material for weekly promotions.
12hrs @ $80hr (+GST)
- Ideal if you need support one day a week or on a regular basis. For a range of small projects such as a weekly email newsletter, promo images, and website updates.
24hrs @ $75hr (+GST)
Each package has a one week and then one month trial period. After the first week we’ll do a review to check how things are going, make sure that you have the right number of hours, and confirm that we’re a good fit for each other. We repeat this process after the first month.
My retainer packages are billed monthly, in advance, and after the one month trial period, have a minimum contract period of 3 months.
Are you interested in graphic design on retailer?
If you’d like some more information, or you’d like to start using my freelance graphic designer services on a retainer basis, please complete the form below. If you’re not sure how many hours you need, please describe the type of projects you need assistance with each week or month. I’ll estimate how many hours may suit your requirements and send you a custom quote.