Hi, my name is Flik!
I’m Flik. Also Felicity. I’ll answer to both. It gets confusing I know. Just call me Flik.
I’ve been a graphic designer for 8 years. I worked at agencies before starting Flik Graphic Design in 2013, and I’ver never looked back. I love being a solo-creative because it enables me to work with women and brands that I connect with and feel truly passionate about.
12 things that you probably don’t know about me!
1. I got a C- for art in high school (my art teacher and I had creative differences).
2. My husband and I met on a blind date when we were just 18 and 20 years old! We were best friends for 10 years before we finally started dating. We’ve now been together for 7 years.
3. In 1998 I told my high school computer teacher that I wanted to be a graphic designer and work from home, but he told me that the internet would never be fast enough for that.
4. I’ve been a vegan for over 10 years. And yes, I have heard that joke before.
5. I’ve been a graphic designer for 8 years and before that I had over 20 different jobs, working in retail, fast food, debt collection, telemarketing, cleaning, admin and bookkeeping – to name just a few!
6. I love endurance bushwalking and I’ve walked 60kms in one go! (it took 20 hours!)
7. At my first interview for a design job (at a digital agency) the interviewers said my portfolio was terrible, but they could see I had potential, so they gave me the job!
8. I’ve designed all of my own jewellery (except my wedding ring – thanks babe) and made some of it too, my parents are both jewellers and they taught me!
9. Before I became graphic designer I was a bookkeeper. I was always getting complimented on having really pretty spreadsheets.
10. I don’t drink alcohol or take drugs (not even Pandol!)
11. I have a latin tattoo on my back that means “from within we begin”.
12. I’m a proud mum of one and I’m thankful everyday that she chose me to be her mum!
The official bit…
Felicity (Flik) Neal, Graphic Designer
BA Comms, Dip Graphic Design, Cert IV Small Business Management
Felicity Neal is a graphic design with 8 years of industry experience. She worked for agencies before becoming a freelance graphic designer. She now enjoys the freedom and flexibility that comes from being her own boss. Felicity specialises in brand strategy and development, and works with purpose-drive business women to create incredible brands.
Felicity has worked with a number of businesses and not-for-profits including Duchesne College, Australian Medical Association Queensland, Queensland Brides Magazine, Cherry Blooms, Southern Cross University, Biome Eco Stores, UQ Engineering Undergraduate Society, Australian Fundraising, The Cruelty Free Shop, Queensland Conservation Council, Raykong Property Group, Australian Dental Manufacturing, Coco Life Australia, Montserrat Hospitals, Websters Property Partners, Relationships Australia, The Arts Centre Gold Coast, Position Real Estate, The Wilderness Society, Animal Liberation Queensland, and the National College of Vocational Education.
Are you looking for a freelance graphic designer? I'd love to help! Whether you have a question, you'd like a quote or you'd like to arrange a time to chat, please complete the form below and I'll be in touch.